Yingkou Xinhua Feng Magnesium Products Co., Ltd.
Contact person: Jin Feng
Contact person: Jinbing
Address: Guantun Town, Dashiqiao City, Yingkou City, Liaoning Province
By mixing light-burned magnesia powder, magnesite particle and water in different proportions, the cylindrical specimens were formed by hydraulic forming. The effects of different proportions and forming pressures on the physicochemical properties of the specimens were discussed through experimental analysis. The content of M g O and ignition reduction in the specimens could be adjusted by using different proportions of light-burned magnesia powder and magnesite particle to meet the requirements of slagging process and furnace protection for converters in different steel plants.
Light-burned magnesia ball is mainly used in converter steelmaking with magnesium slagging process. The use of light-burned magnesia ball with magnesium slagging can provide sufficient active MgO to slag, inhibit the dissolution and diffusion of MgO to slag in lining, reduce lining erosion, protect lining and increase furnace life.
In recent years, the National Experimental Research on light-burnt magnesia spheres is gradually deepening. Now the following steps are mainly taken to test and study light-burnt magnesia spheres.
1.1 Test Material
Preparation and Detection of 1.2 Samples
2 Results and discussion
2.1 Effect of adding amount of light burnt magnesia powder on apparent bulk density of samples
Effect of 2.2 Water Addition on Apparent Volume Density of Samples
Effect of 2.3 Forming Pressure on Apparent Volume Density of Samples
Effect of 2.5 Water Content on Compressive Strength of Samples
Effect of 2.6 Forming Pressure on Compressive Strength of Samples
Change of Water Content (Water/Dry Material) of 2.7 Samples
Physical and Chemical Properties Testing of 2.8 Specimens
1) Adding some magnesite particles to the light-burned magnesia powder can improve the apparent bulk density and strength of the sample.
2) The apparent bulk density and strength of the specimens are larger when the amount of water added/light burnt magnesia powder is 15%-20%.
3) The apparent bulk density of the sample increases with the increase of forming pressure.
4) The apparent bulk density of the formed sample is close to the apparent bulk density of the sample dried after natural storage in air for 2 days; the free moisture content is less than 1%, and the combined moisture content is 5%-6%.